The Ferny Grove Aqua Park will provide an interactive water play environment that is accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
Key features will include:
- a level splash pad area which provides access for all
- elevated waterplay elements including discharge bucket, small tipping buckets, spray tunnel, water cannons, and overhead spray feature
- 24 ground elements including arch sprays, stream jets, bubblers, misting ground sprayers, and themed sprayers
- an interactive water table that provides wheelchair access as well as toddler play
- tiered seating walls with new shade trees for viewing of waterplay area
- additional picnic facilities with electric BBQ
- reconfigured carparking including additional carpark spaces and mini-bus carparks
- accessible pathways to provide access from carpark to waterplay, picnic facilities and amenities building.
Construction is expected to start in late July 2018, with the aqua park to be opened in time for summer in December 2018.